I made a new banana bread recipe this morning, and it was really good! It’s a combination of a few different banana cake recipes and a few of my own ideas. The recipe is below…sometimes I add nuts or sultanas, and occasionally replace the oil for butter, depending on what’s in the cupboard and how I feel! This is how I made it today…
- 120g sugar
- 360g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 125ml full fat milk
- 50ml veg oil
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- Preheat oven 180°C, gas mark 4
- Grease a 1 kg loaf tin
- Put the sugar, flour & baking powder in a mixing bowl. Make a well and add the egg, milk and oil, then mix. Add the bananas and mix again.
- Put all the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Put the loaf in the oven for an hour. When cooked the loaf will be risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
It’s so delicious warm from the oven, and almost as nice cooled with butter on. It lasts for a few days in a tin…if it doesn’t get eaten straight away! We were doing lots of DIY in the house today, and actually ate all of the cake before I could take a photo…link above from here.
Hope you like it!